Well I hope that your August has been as much fun as mine. We've actually had half-decent summer weather for once and it feels as if I've hardly spent any time at home this last month, what with trips to France, Belgium, Solfest in the Lake District and another trip to Scotland. Fortunately the schools go back in a few days, so normal service will shortly be resumed.
This month's Image of the Month competition is a little different, but to be eligible and party to the competition details you need to be in my "Image of the Month" club. Sign up here - you've got to be in it to win it!
Normally I'd include a few of the links I've found worth sharing over the last month or so, but a rather painful lack of internet access whilst travelling has left me a little short this month. In fact, I've only managed to get a solitary blog post up with some more images from my last trip to Skye here.
Links to download the wallpaper are just below.
1. Click on the link that matches your screen resolution to open the image in a new browser window (if you do not know what your screen resolution is you can find out by right-clicking on an empty area of your desktop, select Properties, then the Settings tab, and it will show you the Screen Resolution on the right-hand side of the box)
2. In the new browser window that has opened with the image in it, right-click and select Set as Wallpaper or Set as Background.
3. Your wallpaper will now appear on your desktop
1. Follow the steps as above but instead of selecting Set as Background, select Save Image As. Change the file name if you with, and save the file wherever you wish to store it.
2. Right-click on an empty area of your desktop, select Properties, then the Background tab.
3. Click on the Browse button and find the image file where you saved it, select it, then click OK.
4. Your wallpaper will now appear on your desktop
1. Click on the link that matches your screen resolution to open the image in a new browser window (if you do not know what your screen resolution is you can find out by clicking on the apple, select System Preferences, then Displays).
2. Ctrl-click on the image in the new window, select Download Image to Disk and save in a place you will remember
3. Hold down Ctrl and - at the same time - click on your desktop
4. Choose Change Desktop Background and click on the Desktop tab in the Desktop & Screensaver pop-up menu.
5. Select Choose Folder, Desktop and navigate to the downloaded image then click Choose (bottom right) and close the Desktop & Screensaver menu. 6. Your wallpaper will now appear on your desktop