Hello there one and all. As I write this, summer is in full swing, the barbecue is flagging from over use and the kids are just about to break up from school. All hell is about to break loose. And it's also approaching the end of another month which means it's free wallpaper time.
This month's competition is a little different, but to be eligible and party to the competition details you need to be in my "Image of the Month" club. Sign up here - you've got to be in it to win it!
If it's more than a desktop wallpaper that you're looking for, then you can purchase prints or a commercial license for this image here.
Before I sign off for another week, I thought I'd include a few of the better links that I've found worth sharing on the social networks over the last few weeks. If you're on Twitter then feel free to follow me - I'm @NeilAlexanderD or on Facebook at facebook.com/NeilAlexanderPhotography
- Some useful advice on dealing with late payments on invoices without feeling rude or awkward http://bits.nad.me/15hXmbI
- 10 Travel Photography Tips to Help Avoid Regrets When You Get Home http://bits.nad.me/12flyGz
- Beautiful HDR Photographs of an Airplane Cockpit by a Pilot Photographer http://bits.nad.me/15edIAa << Very cool indeed
- 10 Photographers to Look to for Inspiration http://bits.nad.me/189v6fu << @ChaseJarvis above @JoeMcNallyPhoto - controversial
- Incredible productivity tool for #Gmail. You will fall in love with @RightInbox. Check out http://bits.nad.me/18ze5M2 - I have and it's great!
And on my blog, there's:
- Jaguar XK-R - I shot this for Jaguar World magazine a couple of weeks ago. What a lovely car.
- Neist Point Lighthouse on the Isle of Skye from my wee trip up there earlier this month.
- Parisienne Composite - From a shoot I did some time ago for which I finally found the right image to use as the background.
- Re-processing old images in Lightroom 5 - old images, new software. Interesting results
1. Click on the link that matches your screen resolution to open the image in a new browser window (if you do not know what your screen resolution is you can find out by right-clicking on an empty area of your desktop, select Properties, then the Settings tab, and it will show you the Screen Resolution on the right-hand side of the box)
2. In the new browser window that has opened with the image in it, right-click and select Set as Wallpaper or Set as Background.
3. Your wallpaper will now appear on your desktop
1. Follow the steps as above but instead of selecting Set as Background, select Save Image As. Change the file name if you with, and save the file wherever you wish to store it.
2. Right-click on an empty area of your desktop, select Properties, then the Background tab.
3. Click on the Browse button and find the image file where you saved it, select it, then click OK.
4. Your wallpaper will now appear on your desktop
1. Click on the link that matches your screen resolution to open the image in a new browser window (if you do not know what your screen resolution is you can find out by clicking on the apple, select System Preferences, then Displays).
2. Ctrl-click on the image in the new window, select Download Image to Disk and save in a place you will remember
3. Hold down Ctrl and - at the same time - click on your desktop
4. Choose Change Desktop Background and click on the Desktop tab in the Desktop & Screensaver pop-up menu.
5. Select Choose Folder, Desktop and navigate to the downloaded image then click Choose (bottom right) and close the Desktop & Screensaver menu. 6. Your wallpaper will now appear on your desktop